What you need to know
- Monday was the first day of the Epic go live with all outpatient and ambulatory locations now live. Call and ticket volumes increased as expected.
- Leadership continues to round throughout the facilities and on-site support is being adjusted as needed
- Good collaboration between operations and IT, especially overnight, enabled several issues to be resolved quickly.
Today’s Go Live Reminders
Using Order Panels for Imaging and Contrasting
For one-click ordering, panels have been designed for radiology orders requiring contrast. It is important to understand that these order panels have facility-specific contrast orders associated with the radiology studies. Please keep these facility-specific contrast medications in mind when ordering.
If adding these order panels to your preferences, ensure you’ve updated your “Personalized Name” to include the name of the facility the order panel is associated with.
Review the Orders: Ordering Imaging with Contrast by Order Panel Knowledge Builder for more information.
Prescription Printing for Non Medication Orders
To print a prescription for non e-prescribed orders, such as supplies and labs, type the following keywords while in the discharge medication reconciliation workflow: “dme”, “prescription”, “lab”. Use Free Text to enter details of the order.
Review the Prescription Printing for Non Medication Orders Knowledge Builder for more information.
Ordering Blood Products
Use the Blood Product Ordering and Transfusion Order Set for bloodbank testing. The Order Set includes the Type and Screen order by default, which replaces the Group and Rh order used in Soarian.
Review the Blood Products Ordering Knowledge Builder for more information.
Managing Your InBasket
In order to provide the best patient care and provider efficiency, you will need to check your InBasket at least once a day. The InBasket is the center for all your working and worked items as well as communications from colleagues, lab, and clerical staff. Everything comes through your InBasket including dictation for review, radiology results, lab results, prescription requests from clinical staff, CDI queries from HIM, and encounters for you to review and approve.
If you would like additional providers in your group to review results of if you are going to be out of office, you can assign delegates through InBasket to allow more Providers to see your communications.
Review the Top Efficiency Tips Quick Start Guide for detailed instruction and more information.
New HMH Provider Numbers
With the Epic go live on October 13, most providers who are new Epic users at HMH have a new, 6-digit HMH Provider Number to use for dictation and telephone orders.
If you do not know your new HMH Provider Number, please contact your local Medical Staff Office:
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center: (732) 776-4689
- Ocean Medical Center: (732) 836-4345
- Southern Ocean Medical Center: (609) 978-8912
Providers may also contact the Help Desk at (848) 237-3333 or ext. 3333 internally to retrieve their new numbers. Providers who are current Epic users at HMH facilities should use their existing HMH Provider Number.
New Facility Codes For Dictation
Note that the two-digit facility codes used for dictation will change with the Epic Go Live.
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center: 20
- Ocean Medical Center: 30
- Southern Ocean Medical Center: 60
Top Open Issues
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Allergy hard stop workflow
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Identifying new consults on patient list
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Residents access to discharge patients
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Patient list based on admitting, not attending
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Echos not flowing to Epic
- JSUMC: Blood Bank Orders for Hope Tower Not Interfaced
- JSUMC: FHC Network Connectivity/Slowness
Key Resolved Issues in Past 24 Hours
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Order entry workflow for fluoroscopy in vascular cases
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Anesthesia computer log out settings updated
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Unit Clerk access to manage consults on the worklist
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: Lab results interface to long term care sites
- JSUMC/OMC/SOMC: ED devices updated to allow for simpler log in requirements
- JSUMC: Bed build for ED
- SOMC: Hybrid lab medication reconciliationtTrigger at go live
- All providers must complete Epic Training and demonstrate proficiency to receive Epic access.
- Contact Epic Education at (732) 897-2547 with any training question.
- Reference Epic’s Learning Home Dashboard for the most up-to-date location for training materials, such as click-by-click guides and knowledge builders. Look for the Learning Home Dashboard tab located in the upper left corner of the Epic workspace.
Set Up Your Learning Home Dashboard
The Learning Home Dashboard is your one stop shop for Knowledge Builders and other reference material. Be sure to set up your Learning Home Dashboard from within Hyperspace.
- Select the Dashboard Launcher tab
- Use the Plus (+) sign in the left sidebar to search for the Learning Home Dashboard that matches your role
- Select Set as Default
The following flash alerts have been issued since go live on October 13. Visit the Epic Resource Center Wave 3 Go Live page for these and other go live communications.
- Held Orders in Soarian
- Ordering Blood Products
- Ordering Glucose Fingerstick
- Managing Your InBasket and Assigning Delegates
Following are all new Knowledge Builders published since go live. View these and other educational materials on your Epic Learning Home Dashboard.
Educational materials can only be accessed when you are on the HMH network. These materials are also available in your Epic Learning Home Dashboard.