What you need to know
The next quarterly update to the Epic system is scheduled for Wednesday, August 10, 2022 from 1 a.m. – 4 a.m. This update will include changes to Epic applications to increase efficiency, improve care delivery and meet new regulatory requirements. DTS will also use this downtime window to perform updates and maintenance to other systems.
The system is in a “Read Only” state which allows full access to retrieve information including census, results and medication records, but does not allow update or changes.
Information in Epic is up-to-date when the downtime begins. However no new information will appear until the downtime is completed. Scheduled reports from Epic and Epic data on Enterprise Analytics & Insight will be delayed due to this downtime.
Please take the time to review your local procedures.
About the Epic Changes
The new InBasket has many new features to help you organize, review messages and care for patients including:
- Filter folder to find exact messages you’re searching for based on column values
- New Reply and Forward Quick Actions to instantly send a fully-written response to a message without opening the message form
- Home screen displays precisely how many messages you have and where to go to complete them
Application-specific educational materials will be available on the Epic Learning Home Dashboard and on the Epic Training Share Drive beginning July 31.
Team members can also preview update changes in the Epic Playground beginning July 19.
- Internal Extension: x3333
- External Phone Number: 848-237-3333