HMH’s Hospitalization Prevention Program was created to provide personalized guidance and assistance in the critical days and weeks after discharge from the hospital. The goal of our program is to facilitate a speedy and successful recovery, and minimize the chances of a setback that may lead to a return to the hospital.
The program provides individual and personalized coaching for patients upon discharge from the hospital. At no charge to your patient, a home care nurse will:
- Review new medication instructions, educate on interactions between medications and answer questions.
- Evaluate medical and care needs and connect with community resources.
- Facilitate scheduling of follow-up appointments with physicians and care team.
- Assess home safety and make recommendations for minimizing potential hazards.
- Perform nutrition evaluation and provide condition-specific dietary plan.
- Address patient and family concerns about care and recovery process
For more information call 800-655-2555.